September 7, 2017
As a parent of a student at Carr Elementary and Middle School you have the right to know if you child has been assigned or has been taught for four (4) or more consecutive weeks by a teacher who does not meet the Federal requirements of “highly qualified.” According to the No Child Left Behind Act of 2001 [P.L. 107-110, §9505(23)], a highly qualified teacher is one who:
• Has obtained a Bachelor’s degree or higher;
• Has demonstrated competency in the subject area assigned to teach, and
• Has obtained full State certification.
As of the date of this letter, the following teachers are not considered “Highly Qualified.” Please be assured this does not mean this teacher is not qualified or effective in providing your child a quality education for this assignment. Your child’s teacher is currently working to meet the highly qualified requirements and I have full confidence in his ability to teach effectively in this assignment.
• Jan Chambers – Kindergarten
• Stephanie Shelton – Exceptional Student Education
If you have any questions regarding this notice, please contact me at 850-674-8234.
Darryl Taylor, Principal
Carr Elementary and Middle School